I thought I needed to give a special blog-post to my wonderful husband Kirk because he really is the one who keeps me grounded and is truly my better half. I have to give a quick example of how he does this for me: As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been dealing with the emotional roller coaster of going off my anti-depressants. This has caused me to be much more "dramatic" (this is my husband's term, which just goes to show how wonderful he is, because any other person would probably use the real term for my moods, which is "bitchy") than normal. Normally, when I'm more even-keeled, one of my worst pet peeves is being late-some of you are laughing to yourselves right now because since I had Max, I am almost ALWAYS late! And I especially hate being late on Sunday mornings for church, it really stresses me out and causes me to be extremely "dramatic".
So yesterday morning we were running late of course and I was being quite hysterical about it on the way to church. My husband takes a lot, and I mean a L.O.T. of crap from me, but there is only so much a man can take. All of a sudden he starts yelling, "MAY THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPEL YOU, MAY THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPEL YOU, WHERE IS JENNY?? WHERE IS JENNY?? MAY THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPEL YOU". Annoyed, I asked him what the *bleep* he was yelling about. He said, I'm doing an exorcism on my wife, apparently she has been taken over and I need to rid her of this madness before we get to church. Instantly I started laughing, so hard in fact that I cried all the way to church and got a gut-ache. This is just one small instance on how my husband handles me when I'm being "dramatic". Gosh I love him so much. Any other person would have divorced me long ago!
I truly have the most wonderful husband in the world. He is so laid-back, funny, easy to get along with, etc. Plus he loves Jesus and wants to grow our family into a strong Christian home, what more could I ask for? Kirk is probably the hardest worker I know. He has started at least 3 businesses and probably a few other small ones I can't remember at the moment. He is so driven, so motivated by his passion for real-estate and his quest for knowledge that he really will take anything on that he feels is worthwhile. Including me. I am so blessed to have a husband who is willing to "take me on", and sees my worth even when I don't. When I feel like the biggest failure in the world, my husband is there loving me and showing me that I am worth it. He is the closest example besides my parents of showing what the unconditional love of God looks like. He is so quick to forgive, and trust me, I need a lot of forgiveness!!!
Anyway, I just really wanted to give the love of my life a quick little love-note on my blog. Kirk I know you read this, you are the best and I want the whole world to know it (or at least the 3 people who read my blog). Love you honey.
I was apparently laughing so hard and smiling so big here at my desk at work that the President of NCC walked in & asked me about it, so I had to share the story of your exorcism! SO glad you shared!! I saw your comment to Kirk on facebook today & figured it must mean something. :-) LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteThis cracks me up so much! Especially because we sat with you at church!! Oh my goodness. Thank you for sharing, and yes, you do have a great hubby!
ReplyDelete