This is my first post on a blog and I'm really excited about it. I've been messing with the layout of my blog for a few days and I'm sure it will change even more the more I learn about how to do it :). Today is Mother's Day. How appropriate that I start blogging about being a mother and wife on this day. To be honest, today has been really a rough day for me. I've had a really heavy heart today for friends who have recently lost their mothers, friends who have had trouble trying to be a mother, for friends who have had mothers that haven't really been mothers to them at all, and for women I know of who have lost a husband the past year who normally would have woken up to flowers and a card from the father of their children. I have been praying all day today for these friends and it has left me drained and exhausted.
Kirk told me I need to focus on the happiness of this day, and I do realize I have been so blessed to not only have a wonderful mother, but to be a mother to a beautiful healthy little boy; But I couldn't help but weep tonight as I was rocking my baby to sleep thinking about all the sad people out there who are waiting for this day to be over. I'm pretty sure Max went to bed with wet hair, probably stained black with running mascara, but that's okay with me. Someday I hope to help him become a compassionate person by letting him see that the days that are supposed to be happy are sometimes the days that are hardest.
I hate to be "debbie-downer", I truly am thankful for all the wonderful mothers in my life, not only mine, but my husbands mother and his grandmothers, my beautiful, honest and funny friends who I get together with for regular playdates, etc.
On the plus side, Kirk got me a new Nikon camera for Mother's Day, the fancy kind that I will probably need to take a class to be able to use. I'm so excited! I have always wanted one and hope to really learn how to take amazing pictures to maybe my long-term dream of becoming a photographer on the side will come true someday!
Anyway, I'm off to bed. Happy Mother's Day to me and to all my mommy friends out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment