Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Day

Here's a little re-cap of my day.

Max has started a little phase of pickyness regarding his clothes. He has become obsessed with "JEANS!!!" Every morning after breakfast when we race back into his bedroom to put on clothes, he madly dashes over to his dresser, whips open his pants drawer, and pulls out a pair of jeans. Then he flies back to me, all the while yelling, "JEANS!!!!" at the top of his lungs.

Today we were headed off to P.E. 101, a little gym for toddlers and I tried to convince Max wearing jeans wouldn't be as easy to run around in at the gym. Have you ever tried to convince a toddler of anything?? It's like trying to catch a greased pig. Not happening. More like a Stage 5 meltdown. So we wore jeans to the gym and all was right in the world.

In the spirit of talking about clothes, I also have to mention Max has started another lovely habit of removing his shoes and socks every time we get in the car. Then he heartily chucks them as hard as he can either in the way back trunk or at my head. I'm almost to the point of putting him in the car sock/shoe-less until we get to our destination. Not worth putting on socks/shoes twice for one outing!

Today after we played stiffly in "JEANS!!!" at P.E. 101, I decided to run down to a little boutique I love called the Chocolate Peacock. This boutique has really nice things so I was a little nervous about taking Max, but since I was feeling brave, I went for it. After a few minutes in the store, Max decided he didn't want to wear his shirt anymore. So he took it off. In the middle of the store. And ran around the store shirtless. Can we say "frat boy in the making??" Oh brother!

When we got home from running around topless at the Chocolate Peacock, I got Max ready to head down for a nap. Since he insisted on wearing "JEANS!!!" all day, I took them off so he could nap more comfortably (have you ever tried to nap in jeans? It's so freaking uncomfortable). Max lay quiet in his crib for about 5 minutes, then he started screaming at the top of his lungs. I let him scream/cry it out for about 10 minutes when I figured something must be wrong. Wrong Indeed!! When I went into Max's room, he was standing in his crib, naked from the waist down holding his diaper. After I re-diapered the little Houdini, he finally let me put a pair of sweatpants on to go back down for a nap.



I do have to say I love a cute naked baby. But Max isn't a baby anymore. Nakedness needs to stay at home!
This was my day! Lord help me :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jenny! Sorry to say, your post cracked me up! Oh, the fun moments us Mommies have to deal with... Not so funny at the time, though! Just remember... this too shall pass!!

    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete