I feel terrible that I haven't blogged in about 2 weeks, yeek! Better not make this slacking off a habit! In my defense, two weeks ago Kirk was gone for an entire week, traveling to Vegas for 4 days (must be rough) then to Oklahoma City for 2 days. A day after he got home, we left for Reno, Nevada for a little business/pleasure trip. We haven't been on a vacation together in more than 2 years, so we were OH! so excited to getaway without Max.
I have to say we had a really good time, it was a very interesting trip, but I love traveling with my husband because no matter where we go, he always makes it fun and we can make the best of whatever interesting situation we find ourselves in :)
Here are some things I learned in Reno:
1. You don't go outside after 5pm if you can help it....not only did we witness a drug deal go down, but also on another night we witnessed a 70 year old prostitute wearing 8inch plastic heels. Scary but true.
2. In Reno Kirk and I learned that although the hotel/casino where we stayed could only give us a room with 2 queen beds instead of a king, we didn't mind it...and actually enjoyed it. Either we've been married too long or the fact that we like to sleep far apart is yet to be determined.
3. Reno has these frozen yogurt joints all over where you "swirl it" yourselves! You get in line, grab and empty cup, pick anywhere from 1-20 different kinds of fro-yo, pick from about 30 different toppings, and then you pay by the weight of the cup! Most amazing invention ever for a fro-yo place!
4. I learned that you do not say the number "7" at the craps table. I said it loudly and it is probably the closest my husband has ever come to slapping me (he didn't)....some people are very superstitious about their gambling.
5. If a hotel/casino's website says they have a pool, but doesn't have any pictures of it on their website, probably a good reason. Pretty sure Max's $5 pool from Walmart was larger.
6. Buffets are a gift from above. I'm seriously considering hitting up the buffet at the Horseshoe Casino in CB for my next birthday, trashy but true.
7. If you've never had Pace's Pizza Balls, you need to hit up the next plane to Reno and go there. Sounds nasty, tastes amazing.
8. Reno, while possibly one of the scuzzy cities I've ever been to, is a mere 45 minutes Northeast of Lake Tahoe, one of the most beautiful places on earth! I will definitely be going back to Lake Tahoe!
9. There are an amazing amount of earth-biscuits in Reno. Peace, love and smoke a doobie, this should be their motto! Kirk and I stopped at a little "yard-sale"-aka "hippy junk" sale and there was an actual booth called the "Puffin" booth dedicated to all things doobie. So bizarre!
10. One of the most important lessons I learned in Reno is to never assume someone is a certain gender. From now on, any questionable genders will be addressed as "HEY, YOU". In the airport on the way home, I accidentally called a "sir" a "ma'am" because from behind he (she??) had shaved legs, was wearing a nude tank-top with bows on the shoulders, and wheeling a large pink suitcase. When this person of questionable gender turned around he (or she...) was sporting a full mustache and beard. Wow. Lesson learned.
All in all, we had a great trip, we had a lot of laughs, a few scares and some valuable learning lessons. If I ever head back to Reno it will be because hell has officially frozen over, but I'm definitely glad I went and I can't wait for my next adventure with my husband!
I'm glad you were able to glean such education from your trip! And these are all good pieces of info. I will gladly join you at the casino buffet for your birthday - we can make it a combined birthday treat! I've been very interested to try them. Not always a fan of buffets anymore, but I want to try theirs.
ReplyDeleteI'm usually not either, no Country Kitchen for me, but there is something special about a buffet at a smoky casino! :)
ReplyDeleteSo, are you saying that a queen sized bed is too small for two people? Because if you ARE, I would like you to try and get a mental picture of MY bed, which is a DOUBLE. DOUBLE. Also referred to as a FULL. (Just in case you thought I had mistyped.) And, believe it when I say there is usually a small child in it, in addition to the two adults.
ReplyDeleteThis list made me laugh SO hard!!! You totally crack me up, glad you had a fun getaway :)
Lol, I'm def. not saying that, Walker also sleeps on a double bed with at least one or both of her kids, so I know it can be done, we both just like to stretch out....and usually we have a 55lb boxer sleeping horizontally in-between us.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA, Walker, 2 kids, and Wayne, if he's lucky ;) so funny. Love your blog!
ReplyDelete