Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Past Week

My Sweet Boys and I at family dinner on Sunday

-Max has started saying "Bye" when he waves instead of just waving
-We got to celebrate Father's Day at Phil and Kassy's gorgeous new house
-I hit the mothership of neighborhood garage sales in Wilderness Ridge, finding a "like new" second Britax Marathon, Little Tikes cozy coupe, super cute never been worn gray flats for me, new converse tennis shoes for Max, a 4-wheeler for Max for when he's older, a fun new yellow clutch for me, a mini Dirt Devil for Max, a 5 foot tall big squishy teddy bear for Max, tons of other toys and a few other gems! All for under $90!!
-Kirk and I made a delicious romantic dinner Saturday night of fresh grilled shrimp and pasta
-I got my hair chopped, colored and bangs cut
-We had an amazing playdate at Stacie and Porter's playing outside and eating McDonalds
-I not only learned, but am trying (and so far succeeding!) at implementing my new rule of "If you can't be on time, be early)
-I organized a sewing station in the spare bedroom where I am going to learn how to sew if it kills me, goshdarnit!
-A giant prayer request for a good friend and her husband was answered this week
-I read the first chapter of Bringing Up Boys by Dr. Dobson and realized that Max is indeed on the normal path for the wild male gender
-Speaking of that, this week Max fell down his first entire flight of wooden stairs, and is still alive, PTL!
-I drove Max to King Lake by myself to see the damage done by the flood
-I have successfully now finished day 10 of my food journal and it is causing me to eat less!
-Kirk and I attended an extraordinarily lavish wedding shower for Phil and Kassy at one of the most beautiful homes I've ever seen! So much fun and such delicious vodka lemonades! :)
-Max, just this week, has started saying "Momma Momma Momma" all the time and only wants me for most things. Love this phase!
-I had to make my fourth, yes FOURTH appointment with Sears repair service to repair my washing machine. I'm beginning to think this might be the end of it's life. Thank the Lord for our 5 year warranty!!!
-Just tonight, on our way home from Bible Study, Max was trying to blow out the sun which was still up. He does this with lights, but didn't understand why the sun wouldn't "go out". So precious
-Played Ring-Around-the-Rosie at Grandma Jeans and listened to Max try to sing the words when he wanted to play again
-Got to catch up with one of my besties and plan my trip to San Diego see her over Labor Day weekend
-Came to the conclusion that Max needs a little sister. Dear God, are you listening? A sister. :)
-Got a surprise 40% off coupon to Banana to get the dress I've been coveting for the past month
-Realized that yes, it is possible for me to cry 3 times a week, not because I'm depressed, but because I'm in such awe of the precious little man I've been entrusted with

My Family at Phil and Kassy's wedding shower


1 comment:

  1. I love this list, especially your rundown of your garage sale finds! And, love the pic of all you at the shower, there are NO ugly genes in your family, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete