So I've been doing some soul-searching lately, especially seeing a few pictures of me recently looking like I poured myself into my tank tops, and have decided to cut back on my sugar, drink more water and generally try to eat healthier. When I joined Lifetime several months ago, the personal trainer I had told me no matter how hard I worked out, if I didn't cut back on the sugar I would always have my FUPA (for those of you who don't know, FUPA refers to the "fat upper pelvic area" of your body--sorry if this is offensive to some of you). Now I have a hard enough time working out, so of course this was discouraging to me. I still try to get to the gym, but now it's primarily to go swimming with Max. I figure if I don't use the gym enough by the end of summer, I'll quit.
I've realized in the past few weeks that my metabolism is really slowing down. I knew this day would come but now that I've realized it's here, it sucks! I'm going to be 30 in about 2 years and I've heard this is the time that this happens. This really bums me out!!! I've shed a few tears about it but crying isn't going to melt the tire around my stomach, so time to "man-up", quit whining, and do something about it.
To start this journey I've started a food journal. I just finished my last entry for day 3. This is about 2 days longer than the other food journal I did a few years ago, yippee! I've heard this is one of the best ways to cut back on food, something about writing it down makes you realize how much you're eating. So far, that's been correct for me! Since I keep my journal on the kitchen counter and for the life of me I cannot tell a lie, I desperately don't want my husband to know how much food I eat in a day.....so I've been eating less! And feeling pretty good about it. Who needs to polish off 3 scoops of ice cream with all the fixings at 11:30pm anyway? Not this girl!
If anyone has success stories for someone with absolutely zero motivation to work-out, please pass them along. Any tips are appreciated as I begin this food journal journey. One big step for Jenny is one small step towards a smaller FUPA.
Let's talk about how hard I laugh at the things you write-in a really good way, not that I'm laughing AT you, I'm laughing at your hysterical witty way of saying things.
ReplyDeleteI also find that writing down what I eat is a huge deterrent because if I know I won't want to write it down I have an easier time not eating whatever it is!
Good luck, and for what it's worth, I think you look fantastic, if I had to describe you the term FUPA would never come to mind!!!