So I'm in San Diego and I'm sure you're wondering why on God's green earth I'm blogging when I should be enjoying my vacation, but I woke up this morning at 6:30am (thank you time-change) and haven't been able to go back to sleep, and my BFF Steph had to work a 1/2 day today. So until it's time for me to shower (I'm waiting until her hubby leaves so I can have privacy) and walk down to Starbucks, which gloriously is just down the street, I'm blogging. When I was a younger girl, I used to journal and journaled in detail about one of our family vacations to Wisconsin. I so wish I would have done this for ALL of my vacations as I have a terrible memory. But why not start now? **I just have to warn my 2 readers that this may be a bit too detailed and boring for you, but this is mainly an account for myself :) **
So I left Omaha yesterday at 1:15pm. I drove myself to the airport, which is a miracle in and of itself considering I always get lost. I'm happy to say I made it in one piece and with time to kill! I parked in long-term parking for $5 a day and I can only pray my car is a) still intact and b)still there when I get home. It was a very seedy looking parking lot. Oh well! I also got really lucky and my checked-in bag was 47.5 lbs. 2 1/2 more lbs and I would have had a hefty fine! Not sure how I'm going to get home with the shopping I plan to do....
I had a 2 hour layover in Las Vegas and went shopping in the airport shops. I almost bought a pair of $60 red cowgirl boots but it would have put a serious dent in my San Diego shopping budget so I sadly left them in the shop at the airport.
I arrived in San Diego around 5:00pm and realized after I had left security that I had left my pillow on the plane. DANG IT. Luckily I found a nice Southwest worker to run and fetch it for me. Steph picked me up, we dropped off my stuff at her apartment and then she and her husband Pat took me to Old Town. Old Town is the oldest part of San Diego and is what I would consider "Little Mexico". I felt like I stepped into a little town in Mexico with all of the little shops, amazing authentic restaurants, and little old ladies making homemade tortillas right on the street corners! We ate at a restaurant called Zocalo outside on the patio. Most delicious black bean/chicken nachos I've ever had! Topped off with a mango mojito and I was set! Afterward we walked around for awhile, then headed back to the apartment for "nigh nigh". (Can you tell I miss Max?)
Today when Steph gets home in a few hours we will head off to Coronado Island for the day! So excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment