Thursday, February 17, 2011

Catching Up

Well Shoot. I meant to start staying on top of this and just can't seem to catch a break. Max and I have been sick the past 2 weeks with a cold and now I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for a nasty sinus infection. I wish I felt like blogging when I'm sick.....but I'm sure you and Jesus appreciate when I don't because I just don't have anything nice to say :)

Let me just do a recap of lately.

-Here's a little tip. Urgent Care on Valentine's Day is pretty slick. They get you in and out as fast as you can even imagine. If your husband is at a convention in Vegas than it's not too bad of a place to end up. The pharmacy at Walmart, however, is another story. You don't want to be in line with the people who are getting prescriptions filled on Valentine's Day at Walmart. I've never seen a sorrier bunch of sniveling, coughing, sweaty, strange bunch of sick people as I did on Valentine's Day at Walmart. And I was one of them, enough said.

-The last two weeks where we've been stuck at home sick have been a true test of my character and patience. And I failed in every way. It's so hard not feeling well, being 18 weeks pregnant and trying to keep a 2 year old from literally climbing up the walls. Why can't my kid just want to watch movies when he's sick? Nope, he has more energy than a mechanical bull. Lord help me. I was so out of my mind by last Saturday night that Kirk asked if he could get me a hotel room by myself. I almost took him up on it just to get a break for a few hours but felt bad that he was leaving for Vegas the next day...ahh well, another time.

-I'm trying to figure out if i need to start this potty-training thing full speed ahead. Almost every day at least once Max takes off his diaper and watches himself pee on whatever he happens to be sitting on at the time. He thinks it's the funniest thing in the world and I'm getting a wee bit tired of washing clothes, sheets, carpet, etc. He always wants to sit on the toilet but when I put him on there he is terrified to actually do anything.......If anyone has a good book or suggestion I'm all ears!

-I finally got the "all-clear" for not being contagious yesterday so I was able to go out for my friend Stacie's birthday with my girlfriends from Mom's Club. We hit up JAMs, which I've always wanted to try and I fell in love. I just finished off my fish taco leftovers and they were so amazing. We sat there for 4 hours catching up and it was the best form of therapy I needed after a long sick two weeks!

-I feel like I'm sitting in a pile of filth. Kirk decided to get me a housecleaner once a month to ease my load and help with my mental health ;). This has been the biggest blessing, however... now that Bibiana comes every 4 weeks to do a deep clean, I have neglected to do much in between. I used to do a thorough cleaning once a week and let it slide for two weeks if I was really in a crunch for time, but now I wait 4 weeks. This is so disgusting and unacceptable but it's just so freaking hard to motivate myself to do much when I know Bibi is going to come save the day soon. Plus with the pregnancy and such, I just haven't had any motivation to do much. I'm hoping my "nesting" feeling comes along soon...

-I find out if this little bean inside me is a boy or girl next Tuesday and the closer it gets the more excited I am!! I really can't decide what would be better. I guess I'll take anything and just pray it's healthy! I told Kirk if we find out it's a girl he better take the rest of the morning off after the ultrasound, though, because we are doing some serious shopping! :)

-Max and I joined My Gym, a gym specifically for toddlers. It has been great! The teachers are so stinking cheesy that I have to hold back my gag reflex but I can handle it for one hour a week and the kids love them. Because of our sickness last week, we are doing an extra make-up session on Saturday. I'm sending Kirk, haha. He won't know what hit him :)

-I've decided I need to get over this whole fear of getting dirty. I'm kind of girly in that way and I hate getting dirty and I hate Max getting dirty because I'm the one that usually cleans him up. But boys were made to get dirty and I really need to start letting this happen! I pulled out and cleaned up my galoshes and Max and I have been playing outside a ton the last two days, stomping through muddy puddles, going down disgusting slides at the park and really having the time of our life. This weather does wonders on the mood and I need to keep telling myself that everything is washable!

That's about it for the random thoughts running through my head. I need to get pictures uploaded from New Years Eve on.....as soon as I do that I'll get some more interesting blogs done about the fun we've had since then.

2 comments:

  1. Best suggestion for potty training, plan a good solid 3 days at home and either let him run naked (I know...terrifying) or in underwear (skip pull ups...serious...too much like a diaper and is kind of a crutch in my opinion). Start taking him every 30 minutes and progress from there. Cordi was TERRIFIED to let it fly in the potty and cried when she did, but that lasted a couple days. We do marshmallow rewards so every time they go pee pee they get 2 and poo they get 4...it's AMAZING what incentive will do for kids. If he's showing signs of interest run with it but be consistent. Sorry for the book again...another topic I just went through. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,

    We had Brode potty trained by 2.5 yrs. Honestly, he did it wonderfully and very quickly too but he was READY - he showed signs of wanting to go by himself, so we bought him his own potty chair and let him get used to the idea. Once he was ready, we took him every 30 min, too, and rewarded him with small incentives (stickers, piece of candy, magnet, etc.) At first, it helped to set the timer and we'd say, "Okay Brode, once the timer goes off, we need to go potty." Before long, he was telling us on his own and trained in no time! Again, I reiterate the fact that he was showing signs of readiness. Most boys aren't ready that early (so I hear)... it sometimes takes until they're 3 or 4 even... :( GOOD LUCK!!!

    Sarah Shanle

    ReplyDelete